Dragaera

Hand to Hand cross spieces fighting

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon May 5 09:06:48 PDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Mia McDavid wrote:

>Yeah, but now I'm trying to visualize Vlad walking past an
>assassination target, unobtrusively leaving a dagger in his left eye,
>and walking on.

I suspect that Vlad has long been familiar with ways of getting
Dragaeran foes to move their bodies in such a way so that their eyes
do end up closer to where his knife-hand is.  Knees, ankles, groins
and so forth can be struck, legs can be tripped, etc.

   There's a dwarfish saying: "All trees are felled at ground-level"
   -- although this is said to be an excessively bowdlerized
   translation for a saw which more literally means, "When his hands
   are higher than your head, his groin is level with your teeth."
      -- Terry Pratchett, from "Feet of Clay"