Dragaera

started rereading _TPotD_

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 10 14:43:31 PDT 2003

> Ok, my question is, in Taltos when Aliera first meets Morrolan, she
> recognizes the name as being related to Morrolan's fathers name... How does
> she do this if his name is taken from a foreign language?

I assume she knows the language and translates it in her
head, coming the the conclusion of his parentage.

> Noish-pa lived or at least visited the East, since he was able to "show"
> Vlad stars and clouds, etc. Is he or maybe his parents part of Morrolan's
> circle of witches? I think it is in Phoenix where Noish-pa and Morrolan
> first meet (according to Vlad's account of things).

Yes, I believe they meet there for the first time.  It's possible
that a relative of Noish-pa's was a part of the Circle, and would
be interesting, but I think Noish-pa would know about it.

> Going back to Taltos, why does Morrolan keep telling Vlad how he helped
> Zerika II regain the orb and reform the empire. He also stated he was at
> Deathgate Falls fighting off brigands while Zerika made her decent. Is it
> Vlad misquoting him or was Morrolan trying to impress Vlad with a little(?)
> white lie? Or maybe Paarfi is mistaken on who actually accompanied Zerika on
> that adventure and Morrolan's whereabouts and involvement in it (maybe, for
> some reason, his involvement is a state secret which Paarfi is out of the
> loop on, and also explains why Morrolan seemed to make so little progress on
> his trip west...

Not sure on this one; I plan on waiting for the rest of _Viscount_
before assuming Morollan, Vlad, or Paarfi were writing with the left
hand....

Chris

"If you can't live without me, die already."
	~Cynthia Heimel