Dragaera

Overcast

Fri Jul 18 09:16:03 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 07:11:46AM -0700, David Silberstein wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, David Goldfarb wrote:
>

> >I've lived in Oakland/Berkeley all my life, and I've noticed this
> >many times.  Do people really not?  I suppose there are just a lot of
> >people who rarely look up; I've heard that there are those who
> >haven't even noticed that the moon sometimes appears in the daytime
> >sky.
> >

>       "I left Earth seven years ago.  In that time, do you know the
>    most interesting thing I've learned about downsiders?"

I knew the book, and even the scene from this line.  Of course,
if only he had been wearing the floppy clown shoes.  :)

...and I like "The Long Run" better.

I think one of my favorite lines was something like:

"...and that's how you can tell if it's a long stemmed rose
or a short stemmed rose"

-Jot
--
Jot Powers 	<books at bofh.com> 		http://www.bofh.com/books/