Dragaera

off-topic but still funny

Tue Jul 29 17:40:36 PDT 2003

Chomsky: One of the problems with the perspective offered by the Man-Elf
coalition is that you have to try so hard to get at the truth of the
conflict, at what is really going on; it's so obscured by their propaganda
and relentless militarism. I mean, here we have swords being distributed
to the Hobbits by Strider so they can protect themselves against these
"evil creatures." Now, in this case, it's probably warranted, though the
"evil creatures" are looking for the ring in their own individual
self-interest. They're behaving in a purely rational way.

Zinn: I imagine there's a lot of Orc labor that gets in through Gondor and
Rohan. They want to get out of Mordor. There are simply not a lot of
economic options for them there.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2003/04/23fellowship.html