Dragaera

while cursing amazon re the non-release of _TLoCB_

Mon Aug 4 21:22:16 PDT 2003

She could have fought him poniard vs sword.  She could have called out
both Hawklords.  She could have picked him up out of his chair a la
Porthos and slapped him around.

In any case, from what little I know about courtly behavior, a knight
has to organize his existence in such a way as to avoid getting in
situations where he can be insulted by inferiors he can't chastise.
Perhaps here T audibly speculated about hiring a Teckla to thrash
the Hawklord, since a cardsharp cannot be a gentleman and she can't be
expected to correct a commoner, but Paarfi wouldn't print such an insult
to a member of his House (and note that later T kills her patrol partner
over an insult to a Hawklord...)