Dragaera

while cursing amazon re the non-release of _TLoCB_

Thu Aug 7 14:15:18 PDT 2003

> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, David Silberstein wrote:
>
> The point of my argument, and perhaps we're arguing past each other, is
> that it's likely that the Dragaeran colonists either maintained the Terran
> second/minute/hour and instituted a lunar system,
[snip]
>Obviously
> the former system wouldn't work after the loss of technology, and in fact
> isn't present by the Paarfiad,

That's an overly strong statement.  Just because neither Paarfi nor Vlad
has mentioned that, for instance "the last hour of the day only has 53
minutes and 27.23 seconds", that doesn't mean that it isn't so.  Such a
fact would be part of standard background knowledge and hence not worth
mentioning unless it became a plot point for some reason.

Alexx

Alexx Kay
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers
alexx at world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~alexx
"...it turns out that my inward self ended up just having to go on a
 little fifteen-year (minus a week) stroll through... what's the phrase
 from Lennon's "Mind Games"?  Through "Absolute Elsewhere."  At that
 point my portrayal and my actual self remerged into a mostly blissful
 union, and (God willing) I look forward to them... us... ME living
 happily ever after.  ("Heehee -- 'Them,' he says."  "All right, all
 right, that's enough.")"
    -- Dave Sim in correspondence with Alan Moore about _From Hell_