Dragaera

while cursing amazon re the non-release of _TLoCB_

Thu Aug 7 14:29:02 PDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:03:15 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Alexx S Kay wrote:
>>

>> >   There are 17 months in the year, of 17 days each (PG 59).  Both days and
>> > months are named after the Houses.
>>
>> Does the Cycle favor the Dzur on the day of the Dzur in the month of the
>> Dzur?  I imagine the empire's stock market must oscillate a lot...
>
>My (totally-usupported-by-textev) theory would be that you could see such
>an effect with statistical analysis, but that local variation would be
>strong enough to make it not very useful.

Here's an odd question.  Why would they have months if they can't see
the moon?  Just a terran holdover?  For that many thousands of years?

--

lazarus

"Folly it may seem," said Haldir. "Indeed, in nothing is the power
of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that
divides all those who still oppose him." -- J.R.R. Tolkien