Dragaera

while cursing amazon re the non-release of _TLoCB_

Thu Aug 7 15:20:14 PDT 2003

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:15:19 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, lazarus wrote:
>>
>> And how the heck do the Orca navigate without stars?
>
>That's easy - they know the time, and they know the distance (I bet) from
>the Orb (I assume the speed of sorcery is finite).  If that's not enough
>(and isn't there a reference to compasses somewhere?) they probably have
>simple charms that indicate distance to reference points...

Now that's an interesting idea.  The Orb as a GPS device?

--

lazarus

"Folly it may seem," said Haldir. "Indeed, in nothing is the power
of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that
divides all those who still oppose him." -- J.R.R. Tolkien