Dragaera

Some Observations on an As Yet Unpublished Novel . . .

Fri Aug 8 07:35:41 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:31:29PM -0700, James Griffin wrote:

> >From: Steve Simmons <scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us>

> > . . . the most prominent of the the Tiassa we
> >have had the pleasure of encountering are Khaavren, Daro, and the
> >current novels eponymous character Pel,
>
> I must hope you have the honor of refering to Piro, son of Khaavren,
> Inasmuch as Pel is the familiar (though not perhaps strictly accurate) name
> of a certain person thought to be of the house of the Yendi. (Of which
> fact, however, we are not entirely certain.)

Paarfi style response:

While I regretfully must decline the honor, I leap to say that you are
absolutely correct both in detecting my egregious error and in your
proposed correction.  I can at most plead the lateness of the hour and
the diminuation of critical facitilities from exhaustion a the intensity
with which I had been perusing the manuscript.

Vlad style response:

Crap!  Yeah, Piro.
--
"You are writing children's books, you need to be a ruthless killer."
    J. K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, in