Dragaera

Lord of Castle Black

Tue Aug 12 19:34:44 PDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Jose Marquez wrote:

> Steve Hubbell wrote:
>

> >> From: "Rachel L. Ruhlen" <melalvai at kemenel.org on Tue, 12 Aug 2003
> >> 18:31:38 -0500
> >>
> >> Just finished reading _The Lord of Castle Black_. I'm way behind on
> >> messages, because I've been avoiding reading them until I was finished.
> >> Here's my initial thoughts and then I'll go read the other messages
> >> and find
> >> out 10 other people have already pointed this out.
> >
> > Snip to a different question...
> >
> >> Zerika's Easterner lover named Laszlo rang a bell. Sure enough,
> >
> The interesting thing is that Zerika refers to Laszlo in the present
> tense in Phoenix. He is a warlock, which may give him some extended
> lifespan benefit (and if he has a pact with a god a la Arra...), but
> possibly the Orb has a hand in that itself. And if I recall correctly,
> Laszlo is indeed a common name.

Z says she loves L for his soul (in _Phoenix_, I think).  I had thought
when I saw the name that the current L was the reincarnation of the old.

We don't know how good a warlock Noish-pa is, but he seems more
accomplished than Vlad, who seems to be very talented, and N-p
doesn't seem to capable of entertaining an Empress at 70, rather
less than 270...