Dragaera

Dumas

Wed Aug 13 16:45:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:38:13 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>>I'm remembering now everyone dying off.
>>I speculate now, that everyone will die except Khaavren (who is obviously
>>alive in Vlad's time). I guess it won't be so bad if they all get good death
>>scenes. And surely they'll be reincarnated.
>

>Having never read Dumas I am not sure who will die based on that, but I do know that our good friend Tazendra must die at some point (but, it does not seem like she will mind too much, as long as it is a glorious end.)  She has been marked for this end ever since she was referred to as Tazendra Lavode.  It has been repeatedly stated that in Vlad's time Sethra is the last of the Lavodes.  Sethra herself says this in Issola and then goes on to say that there is one more, but he is not ready.  (I believe that this person is the lord of castle black, but this is just a guess.)  So this would lead me to believe that either Tazendra dies or quits the Lavodes, the first being the more likely.  Or this is just another time when there is no historical accuracy.  As for being reincarnated I find this doubtful.  Tazendra and whoever else shall be slain will most likely go to deathgate falls.  (They have certainly served the empire very well and unless Brust acts too much like himself they will
> have grand deaths.)

Actually, it's possible she survives, and simply quits being a LaVode.

BTW, can you set your line length?  That's very hard to read.  Thanks!

--

lazarus

"Folly it may seem," said Haldir. "Indeed, in nothing is the power
of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that
divides all those who still oppose him." -- J.R.R. Tolkien