Dragaera

Possible spoilers for _Sethra Lavode_ and ISSOLA (was Re: Dumas)

Thu Aug 14 19:12:22 PDT 2003

> >>Alexx S Kay wrote:
> >>

> >Spoiler space, so I can stop talking around possible future spoilers.

> >>Wouldn't these speculations be now moot, seeing as a certain Dragon has=20
> >>already linked to the appropriate object?
> >
> >Morrolan has a big Morganti weapon he refers to as his "black wand"
> >(note the lack of capitalization), and which none of the better-informed
> >people in his retinue have yet referred to as a Great Weapon.
> >
> >Remember, in _Issola_, how a powerful Morganti blade only became a GW
> >when combined with a human soul?  I believe that we'll be seeing a
> >similar scene at some point in _Sethra Lavode_.
> >
> Hmm. When you put it that way, I'm almost convinced.

[snip arguments against]

I'll grant that my case is not ironclad, but it should be settled
one way or another in the next book, I expect.

I wonder if, in the next book, we will get to see the first meeting
between Morollan and the unnamed Serioli from _Dragon_ -- who,
incidentally, appears to be an expert on the subject of Great Weapons...

Alexx

Alexx Kay
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers
alexx at world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~alexx
Forewarned is half an octopus.
   [Seen on a Nancy Button, http://www.nancybuttons.com/]