Dragaera

Great Weapons

Sat Aug 16 00:48:46 PDT 2003

Matthew Hunter wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:34:24AM -0500, Curtis Haden <haden at train.missouri.org> wrote:
>

>>Matthew Hunter wrote:

>>>Morrolan was assassinated while bonded.  Carrying a GW is not a
>>>get-out-of-death-free card.  Presumably you still need to be
>>>revivifiable.
>>>

>>Well...  (Poorly) Quoting _Issola_ "...A great weapon will always act to
>>preserve the soul of its bearer. There were bonds of love between..."
>>My first thought upon reading that last paragraph was that perhaps only
>>PF would act to preserve the soul of its bearer...a unique quality
>>applicable to only it.  But then I recalled Vlad's assertion from
>>_Issola_ about that.  Also, this argues the point that PF wasn't fully
>>awake at the point of Barritt's demise.
>>

>I don't think that PF was fully awake, but whether it was or not,
>Baritt being assassinated isn't inconsistent with either case.
>Even if Baritt's soul was preserved, his body may have been
>toast -- unrevivifiable -- thus rendering the state of his soul
>moot.

Well, all I can say to that is, his soul ended up in the Paths, which
argues well for Napper being puked up at some point.  As a side note, I
beg to assert on this, my first spate of prolific posting on this list,
that I have worked for twelve hours and immediately began consuming
delicious cold beers upon arriving home and checking my email.  If I can
live with my spelling and syntax on this night, so must you.