Dragaera

Possible spoilers for _Sethra Lavode_ (was Re: Dumas)

Sun Aug 17 12:34:27 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 09:01:39AM +0100, K Kuhn <kknolte at ecity.net> wrote:
> David Silberstein wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Steve Simmons wrote:
> >
> > >And real spoilers for ISSOLA.

> <snip>
> > At least part of the reason that speculation has tended toward
> > Tazendra's soul being bonded with Blackwand, though, is that the
> > fierce, female personality that Vlad senses from that weapon could
> > well be Tazendra, given that she is indeed so much a Dzur.
> >
> > >To me, this argues both that the capture of a soul is *not* part of
> > >the bonding process, but *may* be part of the assembly or re-assembly
> > >process.
> >
> > You may be correct.
>
> Question - is there any textevd in the books that humans (Dragaerans or
> Easterners) can be witch's familiars, as well as animals like jhereg and
> cats?  It might make for an interesting twist if the soul involved
> really was Morrolan's  (once  fairly traditional, non-human) familiar.

Aside from the most popular theory about the soul whom I will not
name, I've idly speculated that perhaps Arra is the one who needs
to get used to the cramped living quarters.  After all, Arra's
role at the moment in Morrolan's life really is more akin to a
familiar than anything else.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Public Key: http://matthew.infodancer.org/public_key.txt