Dragaera

Great Weapons (Issola Spoiler)

Sun Aug 17 23:21:47 PDT 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, David Silberstein wrote:

>   [Spoiler for /Issola/]

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Kenneth Gorelick wrote:
>
> >It may be generally accepted, but it does not sound right. Especially
> >since Aliera is not supposed to know about Devera.
>
> It is not merely accepted, but rather it comes from a canonical
> source:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B565028.844182AD@dreamcafe.com
>

> Perhaps Sethra or Verra has told Aliera of Devera.  Or perhaps a
> powerful sorcerer such as Aliera should recognize her daughter's soul,
> even if she doesn't know she will have a daughter yet.

Or perhaps Sethra is just being snarky - we've seen how much she enjoys
baiting A.

I personally hate Devera-as-dragon, but that's just me.  It occurs to me
that D is the personification of the Plot, or anyway the Cycle.  This is
another reason to resurrect A - she has to give birth to the ordering
principle of the universe.