Dragaera

Pretty or Cool Words? (Was: Re: Ugly words.)

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 19 16:35:39 PDT 2003

So, all this talk of ugly words got me wondering....

What unusual words do people really like?

Currently, I'm fond of callipygian and cacopygian, because
they sound a little off and their meaning can fit in
so nicely with sly compliments or insults....:)

Thanks to the work of a certain author who posts here (ahem),
I've started using perspicacious in everyday speech.  That's
just a fun one. <grin>

Anyone else have any cool or interesting words they like?

Chris (Who enjoys learning unusual words...:)

"Blind man's night is music to the deaf, and
everyone has *two* paths, not one, whence comes
tragedy and comedy, forsooth and damn straight,
son."
 - "The Gypsy" - Brust & Lindholm