Dragaera

[SPOILERS] Council concepts

Wed Aug 20 11:34:32 PDT 2003

> From: Steve Simmons [mailto:scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us]

> Vlad has learned his lesson that the Jhereg (and the Teckla,
> and Dragaera in general) cannot be changed by one guy trying
> to pull from the front. (obl. textref: "Teckla", etc)
> However, that's not the only reason he might go after the
> Jhereg Council.  Suppose someone on the Council ordered a hit
> on someone Vlad loved (careful wording, there) and the only
> way to find out who was to penetrate the Council.

I don't see how Vlad could "penetrate" the council, by overt, or covert
means.  There may be many easterners around, but just how many of them are
going to be part of the Jhereg? Vlad would stand out like a sore thumb.  He
could _perhaps_ _buy_ someone on the council, or close to the council, but
that would take, well, the contents of the Jhereg Treasury?

I wonder how Kiera is treated by the Jhereg now.  I wonder if she is in
trouble because of her "friend, the easterner" is trouble.