Dragaera

OT: Signs of the Endtimes... (Fwd)

Fri Aug 22 11:44:37 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:08:46PM -0400, Randi128 at aol.com wrote:

> My life is already a living hell. This just adds fuel to the fire. I think
> I'm going to listen to Pink Floyd's THE WALL in it's entirety and slash my
> wrists. You know what--- I wont even miss the list at this point. Oh the
> humanity of the bastardization of the English language!

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow
words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways
to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
                                           --James D. Nicoll

-xx- Damien X-)