Dragaera

Brust, Vlad & Paarfi

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sun Aug 24 19:19:11 PDT 2003

I found the following in an old e-mail I sent out.  I was explaining
to someone that the afterword to /Five Hundred Years After/ was Paarfi
& Brust rather than Paarfi & Vlad, and I then commented that other
combinations might be amusing to read as well:

] Brust and Vlad could get nasty real fast (or they might find they
] get along just fine because they'd gossip about how silly Paarfi can
] be).  Or how about a 3-cornered interview/brawl - Vlad, Paarfi and
] Brust, all switching sides and ganging up on the odd one out?

Although perhaps we should bring in Sethra Lavode, and/or Morrolan,
and/or Aliera instead.  Or in addition!  Loads of fun possibilities.

And you know, once Aliera got done dueling with (and killing (and
revivifying)) Paarfi, I've a suspicion that Morrolan would step up and
want to take *his* turn (considering some of the slighting remarks
that Paarfi has made in his current work).

Poor Paarfi.  Just can't keep those snarky comments from creeping into
his manuscript...