Dragaera

Taltos: Inconsistencies and imponderables.

Wed Aug 27 14:50:03 PDT 2003

(ahem - extra recipients snipped, not that _I_ care):

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, David Silberstein wrote:

> >On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Alexx S Kay wrote:
> >
> >#>
> >#> The first time Vlad teleports to Castle Black, he notices the Overcast
> >#> beneath him, and above, more of the same.  OTOH, in Athyra, Rocza is
> >#> able to fly through the Overcast in one breath.  Which she holds.
> >#>  Because it's toxic.  Seems to me Morrolan is a smart enough fellow not
> >#> to fly his castle in the middle of a toxic smog cloud.
>
> The Overcast doesn't appear to be particularly thick.  Morrolan can
> simply keep his castle above the Overcast layer or below it.

As we know, Vlad's ear's don't pop when he teleports up to CB.  M is smug
on this point.  I imagine that CB has an isolated atmosphere and could be
in the Overcast without the guests noticing.  I'm sure the air quality
would be better than post-9/11 NYC, anyway; and presumably the Dragaeran
version of the EPA could be strong-armed into saying Everything's Fine,