Dragaera

LoCB Comments

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Thu Sep 4 17:53:02 PDT 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, roger n. tospott wrote:

>Raellew at aol.com writes:
>  A minor spoiler:

>  Is the soldier with whom Clari shares a pomegranate in Chapter 60
>  Dortmond from _Dragon_, by chance?
>
>I could not imagine it was anyone else.

It occurs to me that the Dortmond of /Dragon/ got the idea of being a
permanent low-ranking foot soldier from other Dragons who just like
the soldier life, and make themselves as comfortable as possible
within that life.

Who can say?

>  What is the difference between a soul mate and a familiar? If there
>  isn't one, why does Morrolan tell Vlad he's never heard of a witch
>  having two familiars?
>
>Yeah, especially since Brimford clearly has two familiars.

I also noticed, on looking for something else, that in /Yendi/,
Morrolan claims that he's never met Zerika's Easterner lover.

Hmph.