Dragaera

LoCB Comments

Fri Sep 5 00:28:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, David Silberstein wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Philip Hart wrote:
>

> >While I'm thinking about _TLoCB_, I note that "paying the shot"
> > ...  Is this regional or standard English I just never met?

> Seems to be claiming that it's C17th English slang, which has many
> other amusing phrases.

> 	Merry go down - very strong ale

I bet Teldra, Morrolan, et al. use a lot of what should sound to Vlad like
C17th English slang.  At the risk of sounding like a Gene Wolfe
conversation between thieves (also known as losing the reader) perhaps the
Vladiad's translator might throw in more such expressions for flavor.

> 	Wamblety - overhung

Hmm, "overhung" - is this regional or standard English I just never met?