Dragaera

Great Weapons (was Possible spoilers for _Sethra Lavode_ (was Re: Dumas))

Sat Sep 6 20:55:19 PDT 2003

Hello all,
Just joined the list, but I've been a fan of the books
for a long time.

What I got from both Dragon and Issola is that a great
weapon's first state is that of Gold Phoenix stone.
It's obvious that Spellbreaker had the personality of
Godslayer from it's reaction to Verre in Issola. So I
don't think it has to have a soul to bond with, cause
the Serioli have already given it on. It just so
happened that while the Morgantti dagger was doing
it's job of destroying Lady Teldra's soul, Vlad used
what ever power he used, possible one of Spellbreakers
ingrained abilities since a great weapon will protect
a soul, to bond her soul with the blade. And while I
don't think it has to be a particular Morgantti blade
to become a great weapon, I do believe that it has to
be very powerful. I just can't see the god dismantling
Godslayer, and then giving the Morgantti blade into
the hands of the Jenoine. So there's my two cents.

Doc