Dragaera

Great Weapons

Tue Sep 9 23:54:04 PDT 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:40:21 +1000, you wrote:

>>I believe, though it's never been explicitly stated, that it's also very
>>difficult for the wielders to even separate themselves from a Great Weapon,
>>much less have someone else touch it.  This would explain not only why
>>Morrolan takes Blackwand (I mean, soulmates are together no matter WHERE
>>they are in relation to each other--that's part of the definition of a
>>soulmate:  A person who is attached to another person's soul, with the
>>obvious implication that the soul is all but inseperable from the body of
>>the other, and therefore, the two are always together).
>
>As to this, I would only ask whether Kiera carries Iceflame. I would think
>that no GW has spent so much time and forged so string a bond with the one
>weilder than Iceflame has.

I thought about this the last time I read Orca, and came up with the
answer.

Remember in Issola, when Morrolan had a ring that suddenly turned into
his wizard's staff?  It's probable that Iceflame hides itself in a
similar fashion.

--

lazarus

"Folly it may seem," said Haldir. "Indeed, in nothing is the power
of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that
divides all those who still oppose him." -- J.R.R. Tolkien