Dragaera

book by its

Tue Oct 7 14:24:11 PDT 2003

Hi, what I meant was, Does the cover art/title/back cover matter for the
third book of a trilogy?  Will random people actually buy the book?

I'm asking because I've been buying all your work since To Reign In Hell
and tend not to read SF books unless the NYT or Tom Disch or someone of
the stature of Gene Wolfe (in your case, Zelazny) says something is great.

And though I enjoyed e.g. _TLoCB_ I wouldn't want readers unfamiliar with
Dragaera to pick it up at random - the bookstores should instead be
flooded with The Book of Jhereg and _TPG_ and _Agyar_ and _TRIH_.

- Philip