Dragaera

Book text search

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Oct 14 11:09:05 PDT 2003

I went ahead and put in the book edition information, which
incidentally also shows you clearly which books are currently indexed
(only 6 so far).

I believe somebody from the list provided us with the scanned text of
one of the books, and should be credited for it.  If you're still
around, speak up!

And if anybody has electronic texts of any of the books not currently
indexed, do please get in touch.  *This* use of the electronic text
appears to be legitemate (Steven approves, and Tor didn't object).  My
experience with the first three Vlad novels was that it took me just
about 2 hours to scan, OCR, and do enough proofreading, using a
somewhat slow scanner (chosen for its photo capabilities) and Abby
Finereader Pro (highly recommended; available in a 15-hour demo
version).  Obviously a Paarfi novel would take longer!  (I did use a
sacrificial copy, cutting the binding off, to make the page handling
easier; this is a less attractive option for newer books where cheap
used paperbacks aren't available).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>