Dragaera

you think we were hard on the production values of TLoCB

Tue Oct 21 18:18:49 PDT 2003

Here's a post from one of the leading bloggers, Brad DeLong:
http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2003_archives/002549.html

Our family copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire--our hardback
family copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire--is in serious
disarray.  Three huge chunks of the book have fallen out of the binding:
pages 53-144, pages 145-340, and pages 341-528.

And the book has not been dropped into the bathtub even once!

Curse you, Scholastic Press! Curse You!

    May the curses of Anu, Enlil, and Ea descend upon the Scholastic
Press! May Marduk and Sarpanitmn deal justly with those who put
insufficient glue into the binding of a book! May the flocks of Scholastic
Press be devoured by the lion and the leopard! May the crops of Scholastic
Press by devoured by crows! May Utnapishtim the first of scribes turn his
countenance from Scholastic Press! And may all their pages have at least
one embarrassing typographical error!