Dragaera

A-ha.

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Tue Oct 21 20:48:01 PDT 2003

David Dyer-Bennet writes:
>Joshua Kronengold <mneme at io.com> writes:
>> David Silberstein writes:
>> >On Thu Oct 16th, 2003 9:58 PM, Steve Brust weblogged:
>> >] In more important news, I'm fighting to get Xemacs working
>> >] like my old emacs, so I can continue on the next Vlad novel.
>> I actually think that current FSF Emacsen are much better than recent
>> Xemacs releases -- FSF has caught up a lot, and better syntax
>> highlighing has really pushed me over the edge.
>Then you'll be glad to know I got him switched over to one of those
>yesterday.  And our old hacks to support Sprint file format editing in
>Emacs still seem to work, which they didn't in Xemacs.

Well, I am, especially since it means the next Vlad novel is that much
more likely to get finished... :)

Very cool (yes, Xemacs seems to have a lot of neat ideas behind it,
but it really does change a lot of the basic mechanics behind how
Emacs works, while FSF Emacs avoids breaking compatibility a lot more;
that FSF is also catching up/surpassing xemacs in the featurism
department (ie, stealing feature concepts from xemacs that were a good
idea, and discarding the rest) is simply a very nice bonus).

--
     Joshua Kronengold (mneme at io.com) "I've been teaching |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--him...to live, to breathe, to walk, to sample the   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'