Dragaera

Pronunciation Guide posted

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sat Oct 25 20:29:08 PDT 2003

Not that it's anything like completed.  In particular it doesn't yet
have any sound files, except the test ones I posted a pointer to
previously.  But it *does* have a list of words, many of them
including pronunciation info, so it's of some use already.

And it inaugurates the new "articles" section.

If somebody who understands this stuff would like to help add
references to IPA and the formal terminology for the different sounds
to our pronunciation rules section, please get in touch with me.

There's no point arguing whether I have the pronunciation right for a
word until we have the sound file showing how it's supposed to be
pronounced, so lay off those for a while, unless it's obvious I've
just used the symbol system wrong.

Steven is supposed to be doing an initial recording of a small number
of words and sending it to me.  These first examples should go up
relatively promptly when I receive them (nudge, nudge, Steven).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>