Dragaera

Kill BIll V1 (was Re: Uma Thurman's House)

Tue Oct 28 14:41:07 PST 2003

went and saw kill bill sat. night.  it, uhmmm, was interesting.  i'd never seen
a quinten tarantino movie.  i don't think i will again... although i DO want to
see what happens with the second part - they totally left the movie with a huge
cliff-hanger - to be continued in part 2.  stinkers.  excessive amounts of
violence, but for the most part, i don't think it was as funny as they made it
out to be.  i mean, the movie payback was violent but managed to be pretty
funny.  this wasn't all that funny.  parts of it were positively grim.  the word
used the most after exiting the theatre was "INteresting..."

we had been thinking of either going to kill bill or mystic river.  we opted for
kill bill because neither of us was in the mood for a serious movie.  i heard
>from the conductor on my train monday morning that he saw mystic river over the
weekend and he thought it was awesome - and he doesn't even LIKE most of the
actors.  hmmmmmm, i think we picked the wrong movie... =)

                      "bonham15"
                      <bonham15 at cox.net        To:       <Dragaera at dragaera.info>
                      >                        cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: Kill BIll V1 (was Re: Uma Thurman's House)
                      10/28/2003 05:19
                      PM

indeed..... if you are passingly familiar with tarantino this won't suprise
you.. the only two things that didn't have, literally, buckets of blood in
em were foxy brown and whatever that lame destiny turns on the radio thing
was.. otherwise pretty much anything he touches has blood by the gallon (aka
>from dusk till dawn)....
but maaaaaan, you can see tarantino sitting back during this film going
"THAT was too cool!".. i really want to hear the director commentary when
the dvd comes out.

andy

letting his inner film geek shine