Dragaera

Some thoughts on the Orb

Wed Nov 5 09:52:09 PST 2003

>On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 Gaertk at aol.com wrote:
>
>[Damien Sullivan:]
>#> But in _Paths of the Dead_  Paarfi has the gods upgrading
>#> the Orb.
>#
>#They discuss it; we're never told if they do or not.  (And
>#Paarfi practically admits to making up that entire chapter.)
>
>Where?

I believe he is referring to PotD, Book 2, Chapter 18, Page 177

In which Paarfi explains that he cannot know what EXACTLY took place in the
halls of the dead and the "Thoughts" of the gods, but he has in on reliable
source through certain monks who commune with the gods, priests who
intercede with the gods, and sorcerers who have made pacts with the gods
that everything he describes in accurate in the conclusion being accurate.

More over the statement of professed falsehood does not stand up for he
states that the Orb was present and that the Orb doesn't forget. . . Which
ties into a previous line of thought involving whether the Orb remembers
everything that every Emperor and empress before has thought or done.

Paarfi may be mistaken, of course, but from what we know of the way things
turn out in this particular universe, I find it slightly unlikely, while
leaving the room for doubt.