Dragaera

Thoughts about Piro and Krytaan....

Tue Nov 18 16:34:37 PST 2003

From: Philip Hart <philiph at SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date:  Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:25:05 -0800 (PST)

wrote:

>> > And, Damien, as for "honorable nobles" not condescending
to "stoop to
>> > hidden identities", have you *read* Orca?
>>
>> Of course.  But that, dear sir, is an exception.
>

>Dumb question, but is Sethra technically a noble?  I can
certainly imagine
>she's been knighted or whatever, but maybe titles, uhh,
expire upon death.
>Or she might not have bothered.  I believe I recall Vlad
saying she likes
>to be announced as just SL - maybe he doesn't realize there's
nothing more
>to be announced...

I imagine that she likes to be announced as "merely" Sethra
Lavode because, frankly, after THAT name, anything else is
superfluous and anticlimactic.  She could add "Arbiter of the
Ninety Universes and Beater-Up of Nyarlathotep" and it still
wouldn't pack as much punch as the stark "Sethra Lavode" does.
Consider that "James Bond, spy and lady-killer and gambler"
doesn't sum up nearly as much spine-tingling as "Bond.
_James_ Bond." does.

¬
MJ