Dragaera

Thoughts about Piro and Krytaan....

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Tue Nov 18 18:57:16 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Philip Hart wrote:

>She's referred to as "Lady" by Aliera in _FHYA_, right?  I guess A
>doesn't much care about titles either, being the daughter of a
>goddess, and being A.

And that's another example of someone from outside the system being
recognized by the system.  In order for Aliera to be legitimate, Verra
must have been recognized by the Council of House Dragon as being an
honorary Dragonlord, and properly married to Adron e'Kieron.

Now, Verra doesn't *care* about such recognition, except in how it
impacts Aliera, but House Dragon had to come to some sort of one-off
definition in order for their system to not break down.

>For the record, I think Sethra sees herself as a farm girl who
>discovered a talent for magic (and everything else?) and made good.

Snort.  I imagine that she got over any such false modesty after the
Third or Fourth Cycle, at the very latest.