Dragaera

Thoughts about Piro and Krytaan....

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Tue Nov 18 19:50:41 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Philip Hart wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, David Silberstein wrote:
>
>> And that's another example of someone from outside the system being
>> recognized by the system.  In order for Aliera to be legitimate, Verra
>> must have been recognized by the Council of House Dragon as being an
>> honorary Dragonlord, and properly married to Adron e'Kieron.
>>
>> Now, Verra doesn't *care* about such recognition, except in how it
>> impacts Aliera, but House Dragon had to come to some sort of one-off
>> definition in order for their system to not break down.
>

>I don't quite see this - say a naive Dragon challenged A's right to the
>be in the House.  Slash-parry-cut-expire.  A is in the House.

I'm not talking about some "naive Dragon", presumably a kid,
challenging her *now*.  I'm talking about the entire Dragon Council,
while Aliera was still an infant.

Given that lineage is important enough to go to war over, I think even
Adron and Verra would have to provide *some* evidence of legitimacy.
Otherwise, well, I think we would have heard about the battle that
laid waste to half the Empire for Aliera's sake.

I've speculated elsewhere that Verra manifested and laid down the law
to the Council, but that still means that they have to reconcile it in
their own minds and in the official lineage records.

>  And she is presumably genetically Dragon, maybe with some odd
>hemoglobin genes.

Quite possibly.  Yet Verra has made the claim of not being *ever*
human; of being a slave of the Jenoine before they ever arrived on
Dragaera.  I have to wonder if perhaps the relationship between
Aliera and Verra is less genetically direct than they have currently
implied.

I've also speculated that the Necromancer was Aliera's genetic mother.
Since she's a demon, who only showed up towards the end of the
Interregnum, I still wonder if someone else is the source for the
maternal half of Aliera's genes.