Dragaera

Divine maternity (WAS: Thoughts about Piro and Krytaan....)

sabia at mojoworld.net sabia at mojoworld.net
Tue Nov 18 23:51:07 PST 2003

Hrm. I'm of the opinion that Aliera is a gender-adjusted, gene-tweaked near clone of Adron rather than a hybrid. Adron, who had to have been the Dragons' most eligible bachelor, likely didn't want to muck about with courting and marriage but wanted an heir. Verra may have made the price of his knowledge of Elder Sorcery his acceptance of the child she produced for him or simply, serve me and I'll get you a kid without the complications.

The other gods didn't seem to treat Aliera as all that in _Taltos_ without Verra's insistence mixed with the probable knowledge that Aliera had to be able leave the Paths because they were babysitting the future proof that she did so.

-Sabia