Dragaera

Fwd: medieval medical school

Talpianna at aol.com Talpianna at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 20:44:39 PST 2003

Subject: The Top 15 Things Overheard at Medieval Medical School

15> "Today class, let's open our convicted criminals to rib two."

14> "Don't bite it!  You need to swallow it alive for it to work!"

13> "They should translate these obscure medical terms into
    something easy, like Latin."

12> "It may seem like pointless superstition to you youngsters,
    but I haven't washed these hands since my first delivery
    37 years ago."

11> "What do you mean we're out of wild boar snout?!?"

10> "Headache?  Take two spotted salamanders and call me in the
    morning."

9> "Arthur, Schmarthur.  What kind of insurance dost thou have?"

8> "Verily, it would seem our instructor Master Bush knoweth not
    the name of *any* disease!"

7> "Goodwoman Thurmond, to you a son is born.  'Strom' shall he
    be called."

6> "Put down that dwarf and hand me the pliers!"

5> "Now, remove the speculum from the fire and insert it thusly..."

4> "No, no, push that yellow stuff back in.  That's pus from the
    *good* fairy!"

3> "Good knight, thy skill at treating boils is unsurpassed in
    all the kingdom!  Thou shalt be called 'Sir Lance-a-lot'."

2> "Come now Hypoglycies, how can too much sugar possibly be bad
    for you?"

               and Topfive.com's Number 1 Thing
            Overheard at Medieval Medical School...

1> "Gesundheit!  Now be sure to wipe that off his liver."