Dragaera

The Gypsy

Sun Dec 7 23:54:16 PST 2003

David Silberstein wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Jose Marquez wrote:
>

>>Interesting. So, if I don't own a Mac or have Linux, I won't be able
>>to read the book on the CD? That sucks. I was hoping to have my cake
>>and eat it too.
>>

>Well, Linux *is* available as a free download.  I was using a
>distribution called "Knoppix", which is the entire OS on a single
>bootable CD.  But perhaps you don't have access to a broadband
>Internet service.
>
>Which OS *are* you using?
>
>There may in fact exist some workaround or other to access the
>data portion of the CD, but I cannot be certain that the tool or
>method will work with what you have unless I know what you have.

I'm running Windows XP on an Athlon 3200+ processor, 1 GB RAM, with a
DVD-ROM and CD-RW. I'm guessing that my video card info would be
irrelevant in this case. I do have a DSL connection, but I'd rather not
complicate my life with installing Linux on this machine or setting it
up as a dual boot machine just to read the CD. I imagine that any
workaround would involve the MCP-2 i-trax format mentioned on the back
of the CD, but googling these terms didn't get me anything useful.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez
jhereg69 at earthlink.net