Dragaera

Steve's Web Log

Matthew Klahn mklahn at mac.com
Fri Jan 9 13:30:10 PST 2004

I recommend that you start with the HIV infected vegetarians.

Really, though, you need to think about what "lower rung of the food
chain" means in the context of humans. Are you implying that becoming a
vegetarian means that we're starting to be eaten by other animals? How
does that work, exactly? I'm not trying to take you too literally, but
really, you walked into that one.

To the other responder, I agree: you can laugh at the irony without
laughing at the person, you're right. I guess, as a vegan, I'm getting
a little touchy about this. I really think that people make fun of
vegetarians & vegans because a lot of them are "holier-than-thou". But,
really, I get a lot more flack from meat eaters now as a vegan than I
EVER got when I ate meat from vegetarians. You should be on the
receiving end of some of the looks I get just because I opt out of
eating meat, which affects absolutely no one but myself. I don't preach
or advocate veganism (well, at least without someone asking me about
whether they should become vegan), and don't expect other people to
change their lifestyles in any way. But, if I tell some people I'm
vegan, they seem to think I'm the anti-christ. Which, maybe I am. :)

Matthew Klahn
Software Architect, CodeTek Studios, Inc.