Dragaera

Kelly's Movement

Tue Jan 20 16:55:18 PST 2004

>> Note that his followers are always armed during their protests.
>
> Is this correct?  Weren't there some peaceful marches before the Jhereg
> set up the confrontation with the Empire and before conscription?

Does it matter if they're armed?  They certainly darn well seem to have
a right and reason to be armed to me!  I mean, they're going to be
attacked, by either Pheonix Gaurds or Jhereg.  They've had their
leaders assassinated.  And it's not as if, in Dragaerean culture it's
illegal or even ill-advised to be armed in public areas.  Certainly
Vlad, all of his Jhereg cohorts, and virtually ever Dragaerean we've
ever met in any books is armed, often to the teeth.  And I consider an
Aythra with a wizard's staff or other magical implement armed.

In fact, I would also argue that one can certainly have a peaceful
march when armed.  If one could not perform a peaceful action when
armed, then I would say that the only peaceful actions in the entire
Empire are in the Imperial Palace, where only the gaurds can be armed!

-Jeff