Dragaera

Kelly's Movement

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Wed Jan 21 16:55:55 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, lazarus wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:15:23 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
>
>>At some point or other, Vlad threatens to kill a deadbeat Dzur (in
>>such a way that he'll seem to have been killed ignominiously in
>>a tavern brawl), and in _Jhereg_ Kragar explains to Leareth's stooge
>>what will happen if the stooge doesn't reveal what Leareth did with
>>incriminating information on a Dzur.  (Same Dzur, right?  I'm AWB.)
>>So Jhereg do kill non-Jhereg now and then.  For "good reason".  But
>>then I assume "work" is done for good reason, too.
>
>Or, possibly, just threaten to do so.  And only if they get involved
>with the Jhereg.

Was Baritt involved with the Jhereg?  In /Yendi/, we learn he was
assassinated because he fell out with his former co-conspirators, by a
Jhereg, even though he had nothing to do with the Jhereg.

How about wossname in /Teckla/, the Easterner who had his throat cut?
He wasn't involved with the Jhereg, except inasmuch Kelly's movement
was involved in that it was interrupting income in South Adrilankha.