Dragaera

[stevenbrust] Re: Dzur and Sex

Wed Jan 28 15:31:29 PST 2004

--- "Iain E. Davis" <feaelin at kemenel.org> wrote:
> At 04:16 PM 1/23/2004, Mark A Mandel wrote:
> >On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Trager wrote:
> >
> >#That was how I'd always guessed it.
> >#
> >#Then again, Aliera might have decided in the PotD that Kieron was just
> >#really hot, so she took his sword to give her a pretext to see him
> >#again.  For personal reasons, not the political ones we'd always
> >#assumed.
> >
> >Ahhh... weren't they brother and sister in Kieron's lifetime, along
> with
> >Vlad?
>
> That was certainly how *I* understood it.  I'm not sure what the
> implications are, since Aliera is a _reincarnation_ of Kieron's sister
> (and
> likewise Vlad of Kieron's brother)...
>
> Presumably any blood relationship is very remote (unless Kieron "came
> back"
> by being reincarnated as someone related to Aliera), but still...

"Aliera e'Kieron" means she's descended from him, right?  So there
is a blood relationship.  No doubt very remote, as you say.

By the way, since we're talking about female Dragaerans too, do Dragons
ever inherit their "e'" surname from their mother?  And will Steven
ever record a Dragon's name so we can hear how that prefix is
pronounced?  (I suspect it's ee as in tree.)

Jerry Friedman