Dragaera

Amber -> Dragaera?

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Thu Jan 29 18:35:04 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, M J wrote:

>(Although she did hang out with Sethra the
>Younger, who is also fairly BLARGH EW.)

Well, we can take comfort from the fact that Sethra Lavode has whomped
Sethra the Younger's ARSE with a great big whomping-stick.  Or the
moral equivalent thereof.

><helpfully>  Ghostwheel reminds me of the Orb!

Well, the Pattern would appear to be the Cycle+Paths of the Dead,
kinda sorta.

>  Although I have to say that there is no Zerika-figure in Amber at
>all, unless it's the Unicorn, which it isn't.

Hm.  How about Random?  Goes from unambitious, practically anonymous
gadabout+drummer to Regal Figure.  Which kinda makes the Jewel of
Judgment the Orb, and the Unicorn is therefore Lords of
Judgement+Sethra Lavode, which is not a bad thing to be, I think,
although it might depend on *which* Lords of Judgement she is, since
Barlen's a dork.

>MJ,
>resolving to be less silly, but pr'y still wrong

Well, now you've got *me* doing it.  Since I am never worgn, and
never, ever silly, you benefit from my participation, in that it lends
you gravitas and rectitude, and like that.