Dragaera

Firefly

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Fri Jan 30 05:37:22 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 05:07:55AM -0600, Johne Cook wrote:

> The movie is written and is in pre-production according to the DVD boxed
> set of the first (and only) season.  Their hope is that the film is a smash
> and that someone will pick the show back up for further episodes.

'Pre-production' is such an interesting phrase.  Whedon spoke in early
January and said he's still looking for proper backing.  He has re-signed
the cast, but what that means without a backer is a mystery to me.

Nathan Fillon (the Captain) was at the same talk.  He was asked if
the cast commitment was real.  He replied that he'd skip a dialysis
treatment rather than miss doing 'Firefly.'  I have no clue if he
actually *takes* dialysis treatments or not, but that sounds like
a pretty solid commitment to me.