Dragaera

Hello, I am New Here.

Jason Axelrod jda3 at njit.edu
Mon Feb 2 10:16:22 PST 2004

	Hello, I just joined this mailing list today and I thought I would
bother introducing myself. My name is Jason Axelrod and I am a 20-year-old
PC Technician. I never liked reading, I have always avoided reading as much
as possible; I didn't do any of the required reading in schools and I didn't
read anything for pleasure except the subtitles in Japanese movies. That was
until I met someone with the handle "Taltos" and asked him where he got his
name from. I bought a copy of "The Book of Jhereg" and since then I can't
help myself but I love to read.
	That was only a year ago and now I've read just about every
Dragaeran novel except the most recent Taltos book and The Lord of Castle
Black. But don't worry, I will be reading them soon. Steven Brust has
inspired for me a love of literature that I've never had in my entire life.
My English teachers had always told me that I had a talent for writing, even
though I lacked the passion for it. Maybe one day when I am between jobs, I
would like to write a book as well.
	Anyway, I am happy to join up with this community and I hope to
partake in many long discussions about Dragaera. I apologize in advance for
any subjects that I may bring up and have already been discussed, but you
perceive I have only been here for a day and the website archives are
massively overwhelming. I do have several questions to ask right off the bat
if someone who do me the honor...
	First of all, does anyone know when Tor is going to release the
Omnibus "The Book of Dragon" (Dragon/Issola) or whether they even have plans
to do so? Secondly, does anyone know about the existence of Hardcover
versions of Tor's Omnibus "The Book of Jhereg/Taltos/Athyra"? Because I have
such books, hardcover, but I can actually find no record of these books ever
being made in hardcover. In fact, the ISBN code refers to the paperback
edition of these books. I have another question, but I seem to have
forgotten what it was. Never-the-less, I will take to ask it on another day.

							- Jason Axelrod