Dragaera

I am new here...

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon Feb 2 11:08:47 PST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Jason Axelrod wrote:

>      First of all, does anyone know when Tor is going to release the
>Omnibus "The Book of Dragon" (Dragon/Issola) or whether they even
>have plans to do so? Secondly, does anyone know about the existence
>of Hardcover versions of Tor's Omnibus "The Book of
>Jhereg/Taltos/Athyra"?

While I am not a representative of Tor Publishing, Inc. (nor do I play
one on the web), and indeed, I do not even own the omnibus editions
you refer to, I feel compelled to point out that all of the Vlad
Taltos novels up until ORCA were all published by Ace Publishing
(actually currently an imprint of Penguin Putnam), as indeed were the
omnibus editions.

Given that DRAGON and ISSOLA were published by Tor, which perhaps has
a different notion of how to go about making SKZB's books available, I
think the possibility of an omnibus containing them is less than
certain.

But perhaps PNH, who *is* a representative of Tor Publishing (or at
least, is an editor of said establishment) can be induced to comment.
I am not sure he is on this list; however, he plays on the web here:

   http://www.nielsenhayden.com/electrolite/

> Because I have such books, hardcover, but I can actually find no
>record of these books ever being made in hardcover. In fact, the ISBN
>code refers to the paperback edition of these books.

Is it possible that you have library copies?  I understand that there
is a process (whose exact name I forget [1]) by which paperbacks can
be transformed into hardbacks, which is presumably done by library
systems so that the books can handle more wear.

[1] Google suggests that these websites have more information:

   http://www.sanval.com/library.asp?loc=lib

   http://www.vernlib.com/lcover.asp