Dragaera

I am new here...

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 11:55:19 PST 2004

Jason Axelrod <jda3 at njit.edu> writes:

> Hello, I just joined this mailing list today and I thought
> I would bother introducing myself.

Welcome!

> That was only a year ago and now I've read just about every
> Dragaeran novel except the most recent Taltos book and The
> Lord of Castle Black.

Jason: I'd suggest not reading the mailing list archives,
since there are times when people forgot to spoiler protect
stuff from the books you haven't read.  Also, you may want to
unsubscribe at the end of March, since April will bring tons
of mails with _Sethra Lavode_ spoilers.  BTW, were you aware
that _Brokedown Palace_ is also a Dragaera novel?

Note to everyone else on the list: Jason hasn't read LOCB nor
_Issola_, so remember to spoiler protect those.

> First of all, does anyone know when Tor is going to release
> the Omnibus "The Book of Dragon" (Dragon/Issola) or whether
> they even have plans to do so?

Probably not.  Tor has yet to publish any omnibuses of Brust.
The _Book of *_ are from Ace, who apparently still holds the
rights to the first 7 Vlad novels.  That said, the SFBC did
publish an omnibus, titled _Dragon and Issola_.  If you don't
want to join the bookclub, you may be able to find a copy
used (I like www.bookfinder.com for finding stuff).

> Secondly, does anyone know about the existence of Hardcover
> versions of Tor's Omnibus "The Book of
> Jhereg/Taltos/Athyra"? Because I have such books,
> hardcover, but I can actually find no record of these books
> ever being made in hardcover. In fact, the ISBN code refers
> to the paperback edition of these books.

I'm pretty sure those hardcovers are SFBC editions (they
usually don't bother assigning new ISBNs for stuff like
that).

--KG