Dragaera

Another Newby

Randi128 at aol.com Randi128 at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 10:32:47 PST 2004

In a message dated 02/03/2004 9:41:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kstone at email.unc.edu writes:

> Quote from Outlaw Josey Wales:

> The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) by Warner Brothers
>         -about 20-30 min into movie
>
>   Wales:  You have any food here?
>
>   Lone Watie:  All I have is a piece of hard rock candy.
>                But it's not fur eatin', it's just fur
>                  lookin' through.
>
>   Wales:  Allrighty.
>
> The Paths of the Dead (2002) by Steven Brust
>         -page 298 of hardback edition
>
>   Lady Teldra:  No, I'm afraid I do not.
>                 Why, have we no food left?
>
>   Morrolan:  Just a piece of hard rock candy.
>              But-
>
>   Arra:  Come then...
>
> Know we know what he was going to say!
>
> Ken

Nice pickup. I have probably seen that movie a hundred times and know that
quote well. I never made the connection in PoTD.

> I am into knife throwing (thanks to Vlad), digital video
>editing, knot tying, rock climbing, GPS mapping with
>a handheld device, caving, rafting, and other outdoor
>stuff,

Whoopee, this is dragaera discussion not the dating game. If your looking for
love, your in the wrong place.

>in addition to my specialty which is Inorganic/
>Organometallic Chemistry

Inorganic and Organometallic chemistry is a welcome addition to the list's
plethora of eggheads.

John D. Barbato, OD