Dragaera

Kiera vs Cawti

Fri Feb 6 12:40:19 PST 2004

Has anyone else noticed this slip in Jhereg?
I think *Kiera* is supposed to be Cawti.
---
Jhereg, Ace Edition (April 1983), by you know who

p. 207-209

Vlad and Kiera discuss the knife switch.

p. 209-210

Vlad turns to Cawti.  They discuss taking out a guard.
Then Vlad looks over at Aliera:

"No," she (Aliera) said. "They're both good enough to
get defenses up quickly if they have to, but I guess
they don't want to call attention to themselves by
using spells in Castle Black unless they actually
have to."

"You keep referring to 'they,'" said *Kiera*.
"Which one am I going to be taking out?"

"That's just the problem," I said. "We don't
know which one that will be. Does that present
a problem?"

*She* gave me what I call her I-know-something-
you-don't-know smile, and made a dagger appear
in her right hand. She spun it in the air,
caught it, and made it disappear.  I had myself
answered.
---

Ken