Dragaera

warning to newbies

David Maxwell david at crlf.net
Mon Feb 9 20:01:16 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 06:30:24PM -0600, Mia McDavid wrote:

> And *some* of us top post because we don't like wading through a
> discussion we remember perfectly well to get to the tiny new comment at
> the bottom . . .

Responding to bad behaviour with bad behaviour doesn't solve anything.

In a discussion forum where many people read your message, it's only
decent of you to put some time into editing things down to a pure form.
Quoting two screenfuls of previous messages doesn't help anyone - that's
what the archives are for.

Top-posting is equally rude, since it says "I couldn't be bothered to
quote just the part I'm replying to, or trim the message at all."

--
David Maxwell, david at vex.net|david at maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive