Dragaera

warning to newbies

Tue Feb 10 15:21:07 PST 2004

>From: Matthew Hunter <matthew at infodancer.org>
>Many people now choose to use other styles, such as top posting.
>They view this as a matter of personal taste, but that is an
>illusion.  In truth, they are almost universally guided towards
>top posting by their email client, in subtle, nefarious ways
>that they are not even aware of.  Such seemingly minor influences
>as where the cursor is placed or how the editted message is
>handled all contribute to this.

It's true, and it' s obnoxious.  We top-post because any other way is in
direct conflict with the e-mail app.  I tried looking around in my Outlook
program at work (no, I didn't have a choice, there), and it appears to be
geared toward top-posting, too.  I'm beginning to despair of using my
signature anywhere ever again.

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx